Friday, March 06, 2009

A word about postal service hikes and their acting as real estate agents

The price of a stamp to send one letter anywhere in the U.S. was almost fifty cents before the United States Post Office ever even offered to deliver mail to my home in spite of years of repeated requests. That kinda pissed me off a little, but then I live in a rural area... right in the MIDDLE OF THE UNITED STATES, just 45 miles from the Mississippi River. I also live a mile and a half, at most, from two different post offices!

Now, they are talking about raising the price of stamps yet again while considering requesting bail out money from the government, or our tax dollars. And then we find out that they are buying out their employee's homes so that the can VOLUNTARILY relocate to another job. This allows the postal employee, who owns a home worth ONE MILLION DOLLARS, the ability to move to another position without worrying about the failing housing market costing him/her a single dime!

Now, in the first place, the post office has never done me any tremendous favors, unless I count the fact that they finally started delivering my mail within the past two years to a home that has been here since 1934! And while I realize that most postal workers do not make a lot of money, I AM INCENSED THAT ANY OF THEM MAKE ENOUGH TO AFFORD A ONE MILLION DOLLAR HOME! I am further annoyed that THE TAX PAYER IS BEING ASKED TO INSURE THE SALE OF SAID HOME SO THE PRICK CAN GET A HIGHER PAYING JOB!

I say: FUCK THEM! FUCK THE POST OFFICE! FUCK THE BANKS WHO GOT US HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! AND ESPECIALLY FUCK THE LEGISLATORS WHO ALLOWED ALL OF THIS LARGESS TO FALL BACK TO THE PEOPLE!

Let them all fall. I am not hoping Barak Obama fails. I am hoping that CAPITALISM fails, and fails miserably. I know that we will all pay for the failure in the end. But I pay my part each and every fucking day. It is time that some of you other pricks start paying your part, too!