Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sorry for the sorry

Ya know, it is absolutely amazing what happens when you call every law maker in your state and tell them that your intent is to cease all intake of fluids and solids until they correct their ... harrumph, indiscretions in withholding medically and socially justified services.

I spent the better part of the day making such calls. Starting around 2pm calls started coming in authorizing services and authorizing medically justified treatments. Most of my grievances had been resolved by end of working hours (and a little past). Still a couple more to go, though. I am willing to bet that they will be resolved in the morning.

Honestly, though, it is a sad statement when the only thing that can resolve these issues is the threat (no, promise) that you will commit the only act of self termination that cannot be considered and treated as a psychiatric disorder: hunger and water strike.

So, as it turns out I will be able to continue my saga of a futile attempt at obtaining medical treatment and social services in a broken down social system.

A worker at my state representatives office suggested that Medicaid was better than no insurance at all. I laughed. I reminded her that I am a veteran. The implication is that I know what sorry "health insurance" is. Medicaid is actually worse than the VA. I use Medicaid so I don't have to travel across states for services. I still have to travel 200 miles for Medicaid assistance,

And we are suppose to be one of the most advanced societies in the world. I think Europeans may have a bit to say about that... but that is only an educated guess.

The FACT that I have been telling "the professionals" exactly what my chief complaint was and what caused it and that they gave my input the value of a grain of salt speaks volumes.

So, anyway, I will be here for a while longer to inform you of the exact nature of the flaws in our health care system. And I assure you that they are not going to like it. They have already been monitoring me (my statcounter logs tell me this, duh). The first time ever that a brand new machine locked up was after they viewed my blog. So, I will no longer be online as a habit but only to do my research and to post my... bitchfests.

Tune in frequently. Comment at will, even if you hate me, Hate is misguided concern,

I may just live a few more days. But then, the brown shirts may come and get me tomorrow. I will attempt to make arrangements to notify folks when that happens. I'll ask an overseas friend to make the entry. But I'll live a few more days, I'm sure... much to the chagrin of some.