Friday, August 22, 2008

Jail inmate charged in McCain office threat

Jail inmate charged in McCain office threat - USATODAY.com
Prosecutors charged a jail inmate Friday with sending a threatening letter and white powder to a Colorado campaign office for GOP presidential candidate John McCain.

Tests showed the white powder wasn't anthrax or any other lethal substance, but authorities had not determined what it was.

Prosecutors said Marc Harold Ramsey, 39, sent a letter to McCain's office in the south Denver suburb of Centennial reading, "If you are reading this, then you are already dead!"

The letter was signed Akeem Ramsey El, but the return address on the envelope had Ramsey's name and "Arapahoe County Detention Facility."

Ramsey, 39, is in the Arapahoe County jail awaiting trial on a charges of menacing, harassment and assaulting a peace officer.


O.K. Lemme see...

We are suppose to believe that an inmate inside a detention center sent a threatening letter with a scary "white powder" to a Republican Party Presidential Campaign's office during the run up to Convention Week for the Democratic Party?

Every facility that I have ever been in (and believe me, I've been in a bunch of them!) inspected each and every piece of mail that left the facility unless it was addressed to an attorney's office.

Hell, I couldn't even get a request for Executive Clemency out without having it smuggled. I guess the institution didn't want to release me even if the Governor said to. (Side note: I got it out via a prison guard and the Governor said to get me out! And they still tried shipping me around inside the system to try and "lose" me!)

But a threat... with suspicious powder?

I have one word to say about the matter: BULLSHIT!

If the rest of you moronic imbeciles good Americans want to swallow each and every line of shit that you are fed, bon appetit! I think I'll just stick to my strict diet of... well, just about anything but SHIT.