Monday, June 04, 2012

What's in a Post Titile, I told ya so's, and more...

Really. What's a post title for? It doesn't really matter to anyone anyway. I've prattled on for years screaming warnings at the top of my lungs to no avail. Not that I am important in any way - I am not. But when someone, ANYONE, speaks truth and no one even thinks enough of it to comment, let alone actually try to take some corrective action, it makes me wonder why I even bother. But then I remember the words I wrote to the right - "This blog is therapy". So, it's not really even about you, the reader - if there actually are any, anyway.


Yes. I'm a crotchety old cranky asshole. No one likes me and I know it. But that's OK. I don't really like anyone else, either. My last post was a bit fatalistic. And why not? My own physicians cannot hear the words that are coming out of my mouth! They insist on prescribing medications to which I have KNOWN AND DOCUMENTED ADVERSE REACTIONS EVEN AS I REMIND THEM OVER AND OVER! I've been down that "refusing to follow a doctor's recommendations" road before. I know how that turns out! And when I have an adverse reaction to their treatment, and then remind them that I reminded them over and over, their response is, "Well, you shouldn't have taken it if you knew it would make you sick." NO, COCK SUCKER, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PRESCIBED IT IF YOU KNEW IT WOULD MAKE ME SICK - AND YOU KNEW IT WOULD - ASSHOLE!


But I think the thing that I find most offensive about this whole thing is that this is the way the Veteran's Administration treats its Veterans. And what's more, a Constituent Services Representative from Representative Jo Ann Emerson's Cape Girardeau office has been basically holding my hand through all this VA shit since the early to mid 2000's. It's not like our elected officials don't know how broken the VA is... or the entire medical establishment in this country is, for that matter! And they may actually care - they just don't give enough of a fuck to do anything to fix it.


I'll also mention here in passing that the Veteran's Administration, by decree of Congress, practices institutionalized, legislated discrimination. But that's a whole other post! I'll say this now, though: I have it in writing. And when I write that other post I will be including that documentation, in somewhat redacted form of course. (Hey, they do it. So, what the fuck?!) So, stay tuned for that update coming soon.


But what I really wanted to do with this post is ask a rhetorical question about the current economic crisis. You know, the one about which the current party line is "It's getting better every day"? (You know it's not really, don't you?). I just want to ask how anyone could have read this blog, or one of many others like it, and not known the bastards were robbing us blind? It's not like I didn't warn of its coming.


So, I'll leave you for now with this jeer and the following link - it's certainly no surprise to me. Of course, my head isn't burried in the sand and my eyes are wide open. I may be considered a radical crank but at least I'm aware.


http://www.wsws.org/articles/2012/jun2012/pers-j04.shtml


External links do not necessarily mean that I endorse those sites or the views expressed by them.