Monday, April 06, 2009

Veteran Health Care

In '96 I decided that I didn't want to take my HIV meds any more. When the VA called to remind me that it was time to refill, I asked them to keep them and give them to someone who could use them. I was not depressed, suicidal, nor talking of death. Only of life... for others.

In 30 minutes there was an ambulance and a couple of cops insisting that I go to the VA for "treatment". After all, I must be suicidal. They took my 200 miles straight through to St. Louis.

I have been absolutely suicidal for the past three days. The only thing that keeps me here is my disabled (blind) cat. And, of course, my goats and chickens. When I spoke with the hospital about it all, they sent a trigger happy cop who could not take his hand off of his gun and a couple of paramedics who seemed to understand.

My point? Veteran care is a myth. It is a lie designed to make you feel better about send young men off to war.

Veterans deserve care, regardless of distance. And they certainly don't need a gun shoved in their faces. And the only way to prevent this is to cease all war and to take weapons away from children who got their 'badge' out of a cracker jack box.

Cops kill. They are just itching to do so.

So, stop war and the police state.... immediately!