Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cafferty: Buying a gun?

At long last Jack Cafferty of CNN read one of my responses on his segment of the Situation Room, the Cafferty File. The question is regarding a proposed Maryland State initiative which would require potential gun purchasers to sign a release of information for their mental health records in a knee jerk reaction by lawmakers to the VA Tech massacre.
.

Jack's question: What kind of restrictions should there be on gun purchases?
My response:
Jack,
I thought the free market premise is that if I have the money to buy something then it is good for everyone! After all, we as a nation have sold weapons to bin Laden, Norieaga, the Suni's, the Shia, Saddam, and a never ending list of criminals.I fail to see the free market rational for prohibiting sales to someone who merely had a bad 'month'.

I am proud that Jack and/or his team thought my comment worthy of reading on the air. I just hope that my sarcasm and criticism for free market ideas was not lost in translation.


Powered by Qumana