Saturday, March 28, 2015

Surrounded By Idiots

I have some friends who I love dearly and who have questionable television viewing preferences. They have over 200 channels plus premium packages. Yet, every time I go there and the kids aren't watching cartoons or other programming geared toward kids, I walk in on them watching Jerry Springer or, worse yet, The 700 Club! These friends, so far, are tolerant with my radical world view. They even often agree with me, if they aren't lying about it. I sometimes agree with them about things. But our differences are often so glaring that I wonder how we are even friends. But that is because I am their kids' foster grandparent. There is a complicated story as to how this came to be. But I often feel that this factor and my seniority in years that causes them to defer to and tolerate me. They are also the kind of "Christians" who wear Christ on their sleeve but absolutely refuse to set foot in a church. They hate America because, well, Obama. I am genuinely saddened to see America's youth squander their energies away with the kind of misinformation and delusions that I see in them. I can only hope that I can casually open their eyes to some of the fallacies they so gleefully embrace.