Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Bill Clinton's Wealthy Friends

Bill Clinton told an audience today that everyone that he knew was worrying about the $100,000 FDIC limit to coverage. And that this is suppose to bother me. The only thing that bothers me about it is that they are all members of a club that I will never be a part of:

The People With Entirely Too Much Money

Not that $100,000 is too much money for one person to have. Personally, I think that the limit should be around $5 million. That's more than enough for any one person. If you want to insure more than the FDIC limit (which I agree should be raised to $250,000), don't depend on ME to insure it with MY money! Buy a safe and a gun. You can afford that. And you could probably get away with protecting it, with that much money on hand.

Don't get me wrong. I completely understand rich people worrying about their money. I just don't see why I should worry about it. I have to worry about the $2 in the toe of a sock in my drawer. I really don't care about OPM (Other People's Money).

They certainly don't care if I get to see a doctor, or eat, have heat in the winter, or other such trivialities.